iOS 7: yay or nay?
I made the mistake of going to an Apple store last night. There was a line out the door and around the corner of people waiting to buy the new iPhone 5c. Thankfully, I already have an iPhone 5, so I was able to get into the store without waiting in line.
I told them that my phone has been acting weird lately and they said that I'll have to do a restore. I really didn't want to go through the hassle of getting my contacts, music, and apps back on the new phone setup, but I was intrigued by the new iOS 7 and decided to take the plunge.
It's only been half a day since I made the change, but I have to say that I think I like iOS 7. At first it was a little hard to get used to the new look and feel, but now I'm starting to like it.
According to CNN, here are some of the new features:
• A new time-saving control center slides up from the bottom of the screen for easy access to basic settings such as brightness and Airplane Mode. It has shortcuts for the flashlight, timer, calculator and camera.
• An updated notification center now shows a summary of what you have in store for the day and details on the weather and your commute.
• The camera adds a square-photo option and new filters, while the photos app drops the map view and sorts your images into events by date and location.
• It adds AirDrop, a feature for people who use iCloud that makes it easier to move photos and files between computers and mobile devices.
• The Siri voice-search tool adds an option for male voice, defaults to Bing for Web searches and pulls in results from Twitter and Wikipedia.
• Multitasking looks different. The same double-click of the home button now zooms you out to show a carousel of mini versions of all your open apps.
Have you updated to iOS 7 yet? What are your thoughts on it so far?
Leave a Reply.
My name is Beth and I live in Denver. I am a single lady in my 30's and wanted to start sharing my awesome and amazing life through a blog.